The Boyz

The Boyz
at the mountains

Sunday, January 4, 2009

What is you Wii Fit Age????

Santa brought me a Wii Fit. It is a "game" that includes yoga, aerobics, snowboarding, etc. to get you in shape. It has a calendar and will keep all of your data in the system for you (your age, weight, goals, target weight, etc). It will calculate your "age" based on your BMI (that it calculates for you!), balance skills, posture, etc. Anyway, the freakin' thing said I was 45!!! That is 14 years older than I am. Brad just happened to be sitting on the couch as I was doing it and saw the 45. He laughed so hard, until it was his turn. It calculated him as obese and 55!! We hadn't used it since Christmas and so when Brad and I came back from Atlanta and eating junk all during the holidays it pointed out that I had gained a pound. It then asked me why, giving me a few excuses..eating too much, lazy, not exercising, etc... It then told me that according to my goal - I should be decreasing my weight instead of increasing! Even though it tells me things that I'd rather not hear and shows numbers that I'd rather not affiliate with myself...it is a pretty cool "game".



Sunday night, Christopher wasn't his usual self and since Brad and I were leaving town for a few days, I wanted to make sure that he was OK. I feel bad enough leaving the boys behind, but would hate to leave a sick one behind too! Last month when he went to the ENT to get the vocal scopes and we were told on two different occasions that he also had an ear infection. The ENT mentioned that he had a bunch of junk in his ears and he couldn't really see the tube that well. I told my pediatrician and she agreed that she couldn't even tell if the tube was still in. She cleaned out his ear really good and noticed that the tube actually had a bunch of gunk (sorry, I don't know the technical term for ear boogers) still attached to it. She literally pulled the tube out of his ear (it was coming out anyway) and then cleaned the ears out really good with a solution thing. Christopher did not enjoy it but it made him feel better almost immediately!! She gave him a shot and sent us home with some antibiotics for him. We are going to wait until the end of next month to decide if we want to do another set of tubes. She'd rather not do it unless it is really necessary because of the risk associated with the anesthesia and his heart. I agree- but since he did fine last time and we saw how much of a difference it made, I am for him getting another set if he continues to have ear infections. They'll do it at Our Lady of the Lake and his cardiologist would be on "stand-by". It is a very minor procedure last all of about 10 minutes. Last time he stayed at the hospital for four or five hours after and was fine.




Brad and I went to Atlanta for the Chick-fil-A Bowl game this past week. Since it would take just as long for us to fly (checking in, layover, car rental booth and of course the delays at the Atlanta airport!!) we just drove the seven hours to get there. I'd rather drive with him anyway, we have fun on roadtrips. Brad has become a real pro at the horn honking game. He honks a song and I have to guess what it is. He kept with the holiday tunes so I won every time!! Sometimes he'd try to slip in a rock song by Aerosmith, but he was laughing so hard he messed it up.

Since LSU played in the Chick-fil-A bowl and Brad has the LSU store, Truett Cathy (founder of Chick-fil-A) invited us to attend his Tailgate Party and watch the game in his suite. We got up to his suite and Brad knew most of the people in there - I on the other hand didn't know anyone other than Truett and his grandkids. We sat right next to the guy that started Camp Winshape, a summer camp that Brad went to as a kid. I tried my best to represent Brad (and LSU) well, but once the LSU band started it was football time and it was obvious my cheers were for their opposing team! Brad and I were the only ones wearing purple! Chick-fil-A is based out of Atlanta and so is Georgia Tech. The game was still super fun and even though we were the only ones cheering most of the time (38 LSU -3 GA Tech). We sat next to Truett's grandson and his friend kept mentioning how embarrassed they were...yep, my boys at LSU can do that!! Geaux LSU!!



Well it is a new year, 2008 was much better than 2007 and I am hoping they continue that way! The fears of the economy and still the uncertainty of the mall bankruptcy start it off a little stressful - but we have much more to be thankful for! Brad's store did GREAT in 2008 - the best year so far with huge sales and profit increases! The boys are all doing well heath wise...I think! Sure we all have colds and earaches but after visiting the kids at the hospital with the Cow at Christmas, I realized how much we truly have to be thankful for. We had a few friends over last night, one is a doctor and one is a PICU nurse at Our Lady of the Lake. They pointed out that a few of the kids that we saw had been there for over 300 days...That is almost a Year!!! It really puts things into perspective. There is always someone out there that has things a lot worse than we do!



School starts back up on Monday and after two weeks of the boys going to bed at 11PM and waking up at 9, it will probably be a tough week. David starts the spring league of tennis this week and basketball starts next week. Christopher will start going to tennis lessons next month-maybe, we are going to see how he does. If he is too much of a distraction to the others, we'll wait and try again in the fall. He will be in the same pee-wee group that David used to be in. I'm thinking since he has been so many times to watch David he'll be OK. We'll see though!! I can't believe my middle man is old enough to start tennis lessons!! :(



This year will probably be the first of many more hectic ones to come. How does it work with three children on three different sports or teams? Sure Brad and I can split up with two, but who will be watching the third child's game??? I guess I have a few months to try and figure it out or think of ways to convince the coach that Christopher and Jacob should be on the same team...and convince Christopher and Jacob that they want to participate in the same sport! :)


Happy New Year!!!

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Ugh...we did the Wii Fit too, the first time I was 46, then I did it a second time and got down to 37! I'm freakin' 33, it's horrible!! It wore me out though, it's great exercise!!

Stacy said...

forgot to add....we SO need to do this at one of your playdates or a MNO, it would be hilarious to watch everyone have a go at it!!

My Three Sons

My Three Sons
at Beavers Bend in Tipi

David

David is a five and half little man. Yes, you have to count the 1/2! He is a very loving and caring big brother, super smart and has a great personality. He has a heart of gold and truly sees the joy in helping others.

David wants to be a rock star (at least this week).

Christopher

Christopher is two and a half years old very affectionate little boy. He loves to jump from the coffee table onto the couch and loves to watch Mickey Mouse. Christopher was born with four heart defects (overriding aorta, pulmonary stenosis, hypertrophy and a large ventrical septal defect) that were repaired by "Superman", also known as Dr. John Mayer at Children's Hospital in Boston.

Jacob

Jacob is one and half and the youngest of "My Three Sons". He is very active and LOVES to play outside. Jacob's favorite animal is a dog and he calls every four letter animal a "dog". He takes advantage of Christopher's speech therapy and is speaking very well for his age.

Jacob

Jacob
yes...he needs a hair cut

Christopher

Christopher
David was painting and Christopher wanted to help...No, this was not under my supervision and no that is NOT washable paint.

Stylish Dave

Stylish Dave
Ummm, Brad often tells me that I don't know fashion...I guess it runs in the family! :)

Jacob and Christopher

Jacob and Christopher

David and Baby Christopher

David and Baby Christopher
Christopher wanted to be a baby so David gave him a bottle and tried to rock him.
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

About the Arton Frat House

Brad and I met about ten years ago in Lake Charles. We married six years ago, moved to Baton Rouge six months later and then the next day found out we are starting our family! David is 5 1/2 (yes, he insist that we HAVE to count the 1/2!!); Christopher is 2 and Jacob is 1.

How Many Times Were My Three Sons looked at?

Where Did You Come From?