My sisters came in for Christmas. One lives in Alaska (well she just moved to Indiana a couple of months ago) and my twin sis lives in Maine. We also have a brother, but he is stationed in Korea and was unable to come home for Christmas. We are rarely all together. Hopefully next Christmas!
On Christmas Eve we opened our gifts....I just can't wait until Christmas morning and I thought it would be kind of mean to have the kids open their gifts, see what Santa brought them and then have to leave fifteen minutes later to head over to the west side of the state to see my family. ...OK...so we open our gifts EVERY year on Christmas Eve because I can't wait twelve more hours!!! I was handed the first gift and before I could open it David said push play, push play!! Brad got upset and I had no clue what he was talking about until I opened it. It is a flip camera. When I pushed play it was a movie of the boys saying Merry Christmas! I had never heard or saw such a thing but it is a very small portable movie camera that I can throw in my purse and then easily download the movie onto the computer for e-mail, you-tube, the blog, etc.
Cathy (my twin sis) stayed with us that night and we waited up for Santa Claus. Santa Claus had left a school bus in Brad's truck earlier that day and of course David found it and told Christopher. We put it out with Santa stuff anyway and David didn't make the connection...if you catch my drift! :) Christmas morning was a lot of fun. I slept on the couch so I would hear them get up and get some pictures. David ended up going in our room in the middle of the night and asking Brad if Santa came yet...Brad said David stayed in our bed and was up all night listening for Santa. David got a Wii but was more excited about the stuff penguin!??? Christopher got a new bike, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and the school bus that he wanted and Santa brought Jacob a workbench with some tools, movie and a night night CD. Ohh....Santa also brought Christopher some new underwear and left a note asking him not to tee tee in them. He is doing all right, but some meds that he is on is causing a few accidents...Ok - maybe it is not all the meds and partly mommy!!
On Christmas morning we headed over to my parents house to meet my big sis and the rest of the family for a yummy Christmas dinner. My aunt was there too. The kids love her and her dogs. Her dogs are named Harley and Davidson. She just bought a new Harley Davidson so she is even cooler now. The boys love motorcycles. We went to her house after dinner to see her new bike and Brad got on her bike. He sold his Harley after Christopher was born and I'm afraid he is going to get the fever again! He has been a biker dude since long before we met and since car seats don't really fit well on Harleys, he has given it up for a while.
Last weekend we went to Brad's parents and celebrated Christmas over there with his brother and the boys cousins. They have two little boys too, one a year younger than David and one in between Christopher and Jacob. While we were cleaning up after dinner, the guys left to run an errand. I realized that with five young children it was awfully quiet. I began looking around for Jacob and couldn't find him (along with his youngest cousin). Jamie found them in my MIL huge, nicely organized pantry. Nope, they weren't sneaking snacks...They were working as a team to empty out the five gallon bottle of water on the cooler. The floor was covered in water!!
Before the water incident, G'ami brought us all to Christmas lighting at the Lafayette zoo. It was really neat. Then we headed back to their house and opened presents. The past few years she has bought us all (kids and adults) matching Christmas PJs. As soon as I download the pictures from last weekend, I'll attach a picture! Brad looked extra cute in his! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment