The Boyz

The Boyz
at the mountains

Monday, January 19, 2009

Seven Years Ago Today...I turned into a Wife!

That's right folks, seven years ago today we got hitched. I remember the first time I saw Brad like it was yesterday. It was back in 1998. I worked in the Mall Management Office at Prien Lake Mall (Lake Charles) and he came in to inquire about leasing space. After he left, my boss and I were discussing how excited we were about Chick-fil-A coming in to the mall...I mentioned that I was pretty excited about the guy that was coming in along with it!! :) I'm still a big fan!! A mutual friend of ours (Lionel, the maintenance man) ended up playing match maker for us. Lionel called me one day to say that he hoped I didn't mind, but he passed my phone number to Brad....of course I didn't mind. I had already made plans for that night and ended up staying home to wait for Brad to call me....yeah, that's pretty lame!! He didn't even call either!!! A few days later, he was in my office and asked me out...finally!!!

A few months later my home office found out that we were dating. It was against their policy for salaried marketing or management employees to date tenants. ...conflict of interest...according to them I could have given Brad some confidential info about others leases and things that would have been beneficial to him! I wouldn't have done that though :) We were only dating and I HAD to have a job! Once I figured out that he was worth keeping around, I ended up switching jobs to manage an apartment compex.

....Here is where the good part starts...so on September 11, 2001 (THE 9/11), my home office came into town to announce that the entire apartment complex staff was being "laid off"!! Ummm, when you loose your job as a Property Manager, you also loose free rent, health insurance and a paycheck!! I was pretty stressed and upset about loosing my job and scared about the 9/11 events!!! I went to Brad's house to try and figure out what I was going to do. I mentioned that I should be more carefree like my twin sis that had just moved to Maine on a whim...hmmm maybe I could go stay with her!! He and I were going to head to my parents house to annouce that I would be moving back in with them...only option I could think of... until Brad reached into his duffle bag and pulled out an engagement ring. "wanna get married and stay here"? Yep, that is MY romantic man!! :) According to him, he had the ring for about six months and was just waiting for the perfect time to get engaged....I never imagined myself getting engaged sitting in the driveway of his house...but it was "perfect".

....Fast forward four months later and we had a very small (family only - so don't get upset if you weren't invited!!) ceremony where he and I committed ourselves to each other for the rest of our lives! Today begins year seven of it...

Sure, our marriage has been through a lot of rollar coaster moements and lots and lots of stress, but there is no one else that I would rather run home too, cry with, tell my deepest secrets too, laugh and be silly with or have sitting by my side for the rest of my life than Brad...He is the most generous, caring, attractive, good hearted family man and I am super lucky to be able to call him my husband!

Not only do I get to call him husband, but he is also my baby daddy and boy is he a great daddy! I could not have picked a better leader for the frat house!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Awww - you ARE sweet! Congrats on your anniversary!

My Three Sons

My Three Sons
at Beavers Bend in Tipi

David

David is a five and half little man. Yes, you have to count the 1/2! He is a very loving and caring big brother, super smart and has a great personality. He has a heart of gold and truly sees the joy in helping others.

David wants to be a rock star (at least this week).

Christopher

Christopher is two and a half years old very affectionate little boy. He loves to jump from the coffee table onto the couch and loves to watch Mickey Mouse. Christopher was born with four heart defects (overriding aorta, pulmonary stenosis, hypertrophy and a large ventrical septal defect) that were repaired by "Superman", also known as Dr. John Mayer at Children's Hospital in Boston.

Jacob

Jacob is one and half and the youngest of "My Three Sons". He is very active and LOVES to play outside. Jacob's favorite animal is a dog and he calls every four letter animal a "dog". He takes advantage of Christopher's speech therapy and is speaking very well for his age.

Jacob

Jacob
yes...he needs a hair cut

Christopher

Christopher
David was painting and Christopher wanted to help...No, this was not under my supervision and no that is NOT washable paint.

Stylish Dave

Stylish Dave
Ummm, Brad often tells me that I don't know fashion...I guess it runs in the family! :)

Jacob and Christopher

Jacob and Christopher

David and Baby Christopher

David and Baby Christopher
Christopher wanted to be a baby so David gave him a bottle and tried to rock him.
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

About the Arton Frat House

Brad and I met about ten years ago in Lake Charles. We married six years ago, moved to Baton Rouge six months later and then the next day found out we are starting our family! David is 5 1/2 (yes, he insist that we HAVE to count the 1/2!!); Christopher is 2 and Jacob is 1.

How Many Times Were My Three Sons looked at?

Where Did You Come From?