We went to Destin for the Fourth of July weekend. The kids had a great time. I mentioned this when we returned from the mountains last month, but it is amazing how much easier it is to travel with the kids since they are a little older so we are taking advantage of it this summer! Brad ended up coming home a few days earlier than I did, so I actually drove home with the three kiddos solo...and it was not bad at all! Jacob is able to walk (even though he still wants to "hold you me") and is getting much better about following directions not running away. We are still working on quiet voices though, especially in the car! They can get a bit loud and rambunctious! We have had a fun summer so far and this past week was no exception!
We headed to Destin last Thursday, along with the rest of the country. The traffic was pretty heavy and what usually is a five hour drive ended up taking much longer with potty stops, dinner and traffic! We arrived late and the kids didn't get to bed until midnight. We don't usually go by a strict schedule, but they are always in bed before midnight (usually around nine)...except last week!
Jacob and Christopher loved playing in the sand. I tried to help them build sand castles, but I was about as much help as another three year old. David brought his boogie board and was pretty good at it. He would go out and ride the waves back in to the beach. It looked like a lot of fun so I made an attempt at it...it is not easy! Thankfully I don't have the video to prove it!!
On Saturday night (the 4th of July) we ended up grilling and then heading down to the beach for fireworks. Brad's brother's family and his parents were there too. It was nice to have the entire family together...even though with five little boys it got a little rowdy...ok maybe a LOT rowdy!
No comments:
Post a Comment