This morning Christopher had another set of tubes put in and his adenoids taken out. He did great. The pediatric cardiologist had warned us that he would have arrhythmia's during the anesthesia, so as any Mom would be, I was filled with a bit of anxiety. My neighbor is an anesthesiologist and had comforted me quite a bit about the location of the surgery not making that much of a difference, since it is near the hospital. As soon as we arrived in the parking lot, Christopher was upset. "No Man, No Man". The surgery center is at the same location where he had some throat scopes done a few months ago. He did not forget! :) Once we got into the big surgery waiting room he was fine and even better when got to the back in a pre-op room. He was clowning around and playing with the nurses.
This morning I let him choose what comfort item he wanted to bring. We usually bring Mickey Mouse to the doctor with us but this morning he wanted to bring his Diego card. It is actually a birthday invitation, but I let him bring it anyway. Whatever made him happy. When the nurse came to get him, he went straight to her to show her his invitation. They went together to show the doctor. I had warned him ahead of time that only big kids could go back there to see the cool Doctor tools. They don't even let Mommys! According to his surgeon, he never got upset or cried until he was coming out of the anesthesia. His surgeon said he did hold on to his Diego invitation the entire time! They watched him closely and the anesthesiologist said he did great. No dip in his O2 levels and no fluctuations in his rhythm either! We were back at home by lunch time and he was jumping on the bed with David and Jacob by 2:00! That is my tough man... until it came time for a nap, then he put on his pouty face and showed me his bobo. The bandage on his arm from the IV. I fell for it and he and David are resting in my bed watching a movie instead of "sleeping" in their rooms.
While I was waiting at the Surgery Clinic, David's principal called. Yesterday morning he was sent home from school because he had fever. I went to pick him up and he had a temperature of 99.3. I personally don't consider that a fever- possibly an elevated temperature, but not fever! I picked him up anyway, just in case he was coming down with something. Nope, instead I ended up staying home from Bible Study and missing a baby shower for him to stay home and run around like a normal wild child. Since he was fine yesterday and last night, I brought him to school before Christopher and I headed to the Surgery Center. Twenty minutes later she called. Brad stayed at home with Jacob, so after I received the call, he ran and picked David up too. The principal said he "looks like he is getting sick". I am sorry, but "looking" like you are getting sick does not sound like a good enough reason to keep a child home from school and I'd suggest any adults that may be reading this...Don't use that excuse to try and get off of work!!!He does not have a fever (or even an elevated temperature) no signs or symptoms of ANY illness, but now he has missed two days of school! Now, in their defense, on Monday he had nine children in his class that were out sick with either the flu or strep throat. So in some ways I don't mind him staying home to avoid exposure to those illnesses. I can appreciate them being so pro-active at the first signs of illness. But today, why? Today was his 100th day of school and they were suppose to have some fun games and a party. He is upset that he missed it!
BOYS! Instead of using a basketball, he dunks himself!
2 comments:
Yeah, I am so glad everything went well!
Glad to hear surgery went well! And man, that's annoying that they sent David home because he "looked" sick! Arg!
Post a Comment