
So yesterday morning, I was tired (as always!) and just laying in bed trying to get motivated to get out - David was up and getting reading for school as Brad was making breakfast. I heard Brad say it was snowing and then I hear David catch his breath and scream, "IT'S SNOWING!!" I guess that was just the motivation I needed! :) I got up and it was beautiful. It was the most snow I had ever seen in Louisiana! It was actually white and sticking to the ground. It was time for David to leave for school, but I said he could be late to play in the snow for a little bit. I was going to make it a somewhat educational experience. As we saw several of his friends pass by on their way to school, I was wondering if I did the right thing. Hopefully a truancy officer would not be scoping the neighborhood! :) For those of you keeping track of David's school absences he has only missed three days (vacation and Grandparents Day)...the automated system for the school later called and said that school was open, but children would not be marked as absent. We had a fun and cold day of playing in the snow. David and Brad made a huge snowman that is still up today!! Jacob was not too crazy about the snow and Christopher loved just standing outside with his mouth open.
This week, we kept on with our Christmas activities. We went to the Acadian Village in Lafayette. I have been wanting to do this for probably the past ten or so years (ever since Brad told me about it when we were dating) and it just never worked out. The kids had a good time. They had all of the village houses decorated with lights and they also had bumper cars, train rides and other carnival type rides.
Last weekend was also the Breakfast with Santa event at David's school. Siblings were invited so the little boys tagged along too. Christopher even warmed up enough to sit on Santa's lap. He told him he wanted a school bus. Santa asked if he wanted a "real" school bus and Christopher said, No - a baby school bus. Santa asked David what he wanted and David told him a penguin...yeah, not sure where that came from. He had been pretty consistent with the Wii request! Hopefully, he'll get back onto that request. I am hoping that Santa does not bring him a penguin!!!!
Brad and I are hoping to finish our Christmas shopping tonight. The kids are going to "Nana's Party". Stephanie's church has Parents Night Out tonight and we are bringing them. It is a great program where they watch the kids, feed them and have fun inflatables for $5!! The boys love it! We have never finished Christmas shopping this early - we usually don't finish until the trip to Walgreens (or RiteAid) on Christmas morning!! For those other procrastinators out there...they have a great "As Seen On TV" section. Sometimes the selections are not as good on Christmas afternoon - try early Christmas morning or even better...Christmas Eve! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment