WAAAHOOOOO AMERICA - We are getting a dog!
Last night after David's tennis lessons, I decided to run into Target to try and grab a few items. I RARELY take all three of the boys shopping with me (especially that late at night) - but Brad was working in Lafayette and we needed some things, so... I'm grabbing some diapers and all of a sudden I hear a woman yell from across the store "OBAMA'S PRESIDENT". Then through out the store everyone was clapping and screaming (I did hear a few moans!) I tried to remain calm and prayed that my little David would not voice his opinion since it was VERY obvious that the people in Target did not vote the way I did. I have heard all kinds of rumors in the media that riots would occur if he was not elected. Oh no...I freaked out...Is there about to be a "joyous" riot in Target right in front of my young children???? I could imagine people grabbing can goods and throwing them across the store, unrolling the toilet tissue and "rolling" the store, shaking bottles of champagne and opening them in celebration... And then David asks in his loud big boy voice. "Mom, why are they yelling?" Trying to keep him quiet and not alert everyone that we seem to be in the minority I respond that "I don't know. ...Let's just grab the diapers and head home." Once we got in the car, I told David that Barack Obama is going to be the next president. He was upset. David is very competitive. He knew who we wanted to win and was upset because "our" Maverick didn't win. He wanted to know if Daddy was going to have to pay "Rock" more (that is what he called Barack). Oops - at that point, it was obvious that we have talked too much politics in front of David! :) I tried to explain the election process to him. I told him that "Rock" had more people that wanted him to be president (I didn't explain the ACORN stuff to him!!). The person that gets the most people, wins! He was OK after I explained that "everyone" else wanted "Rock" to win.
I will try not to get on a political rant...but as a wife of a self-employed "small business owner" that will be affected by Obama's tax plan and as a mother of a "special needs" child that has weekly therapy and long-term medical expenses and as someone that has to pay OVER $1,000 a MONTH for health insurance (not including co-pays and prescriptions)..I am looking forward to finding out what "Rock" will be doing for us as we are handing him our hard earned cash!.... The really sad thing is that this is not only affecting us as "self-employed" people. This is going to cause the price of everything to go up. Do you think Joe the Plumber is going to keep his rates the same? Nope...he will be increasing his service charges to cover the increase in taxes that he will be paying. And those taxes will be paying for the "First Dog", dog food and steam cleaning the house training of it! :)
On a more positive note...A few weeks ago we were looking at houses. We asked David if he would rather live in a neighborhood or have a house with a big yard. He told us he wanted to live in the White House. I told him that is where the president lives and that Daddy will not be the president. He wanted to know why Daddy would not be the president. One really good thing about Obama becoming our next president is that he truly does show that anyone can be president. I am not talking about just the color of his skin. In just the past few years, he has gone from a typical American to the White House (with a few questionable financial donations). I must admit that I am excited that he is not a "professional" politician. On the other hand, I hope his lack of experience (political and age) does not hurt him make good decisions. Hopefully he will choose good people to be on his cabinet that will reassure the public that he is not only "changing" America, but changing it for the better! Change is not hard - and after our current prez, the bar has not been set too high! :) Make us proud "Rock" and prove me wrong! I wasn't in front of you last night, but now that you are the Prez- I'll get behind and support you! :) I do however, request the same from you...think about ME and my family sometime!! :)
Last night after David's tennis lessons, I decided to run into Target to try and grab a few items. I RARELY take all three of the boys shopping with me (especially that late at night) - but Brad was working in Lafayette and we needed some things, so... I'm grabbing some diapers and all of a sudden I hear a woman yell from across the store "OBAMA'S PRESIDENT". Then through out the store everyone was clapping and screaming (I did hear a few moans!) I tried to remain calm and prayed that my little David would not voice his opinion since it was VERY obvious that the people in Target did not vote the way I did. I have heard all kinds of rumors in the media that riots would occur if he was not elected. Oh no...I freaked out...Is there about to be a "joyous" riot in Target right in front of my young children???? I could imagine people grabbing can goods and throwing them across the store, unrolling the toilet tissue and "rolling" the store, shaking bottles of champagne and opening them in celebration... And then David asks in his loud big boy voice. "Mom, why are they yelling?" Trying to keep him quiet and not alert everyone that we seem to be in the minority I respond that "I don't know. ...Let's just grab the diapers and head home." Once we got in the car, I told David that Barack Obama is going to be the next president. He was upset. David is very competitive. He knew who we wanted to win and was upset because "our" Maverick didn't win. He wanted to know if Daddy was going to have to pay "Rock" more (that is what he called Barack). Oops - at that point, it was obvious that we have talked too much politics in front of David! :) I tried to explain the election process to him. I told him that "Rock" had more people that wanted him to be president (I didn't explain the ACORN stuff to him!!). The person that gets the most people, wins! He was OK after I explained that "everyone" else wanted "Rock" to win.
I will try not to get on a political rant...but as a wife of a self-employed "small business owner" that will be affected by Obama's tax plan and as a mother of a "special needs" child that has weekly therapy and long-term medical expenses and as someone that has to pay OVER $1,000 a MONTH for health insurance (not including co-pays and prescriptions)..I am looking forward to finding out what "Rock" will be doing for us as we are handing him our hard earned cash!.... The really sad thing is that this is not only affecting us as "self-employed" people. This is going to cause the price of everything to go up. Do you think Joe the Plumber is going to keep his rates the same? Nope...he will be increasing his service charges to cover the increase in taxes that he will be paying. And those taxes will be paying for the "First Dog", dog food and steam cleaning the house training of it! :)
On a more positive note...A few weeks ago we were looking at houses. We asked David if he would rather live in a neighborhood or have a house with a big yard. He told us he wanted to live in the White House. I told him that is where the president lives and that Daddy will not be the president. He wanted to know why Daddy would not be the president. One really good thing about Obama becoming our next president is that he truly does show that anyone can be president. I am not talking about just the color of his skin. In just the past few years, he has gone from a typical American to the White House (with a few questionable financial donations). I must admit that I am excited that he is not a "professional" politician. On the other hand, I hope his lack of experience (political and age) does not hurt him make good decisions. Hopefully he will choose good people to be on his cabinet that will reassure the public that he is not only "changing" America, but changing it for the better! Change is not hard - and after our current prez, the bar has not been set too high! :) Make us proud "Rock" and prove me wrong! I wasn't in front of you last night, but now that you are the Prez- I'll get behind and support you! :) I do however, request the same from you...think about ME and my family sometime!! :)
Here is a picture of Christopher and his favorite Speech Therapist, Ms. Alyssa.
In other news, I brought Christopher to the ENT last week for the vocal cord scope. He was unable to do it because (much to my surprise!) Christopher was too congested and had ear infections in both ears. So we ended up leaving with four prescriptions (antibotics, steroids, ear drops and decongestant) along with another appointment in two weeks to try and do the scope then. Since I already was ranting earlier....I'll continue :) Do you ever get the feeling that the Doctor creates prescriptions for those trips and prizes that the drug companies offer them? And what about scheduling follow-ups? Now he gets two office visits!! I mean really!?! Christopher was not in ANY pain, showed NO signs or symptoms of even the common cold and I left with four prescriptions to fill. I filled the ear drops and the decongestant (just in case we needed it), but I'm not big on unnecessary antibiotics and since he is a cardiac patient I didn't want to give him a steroid to increase his heart rate even more -so I didn't get them. I hope I'm not the one that prevents the Doc from the cruise that the pharmaceutical company is offering! :) But I am the one having to pay for the prescriptions. :)
Anyway, I'll update on Tuesday when we try again to do the scope to check for vocal cord damage from him being intubated during his heart surgery. His therapist seems to think that the "physical therapy" he was doing while he was in the coma may have also affected his tonsils. It is pretty common problem with kids who have been intubated for an extended period of time. At this point, I'm not worried about it. I hate to sound like I'm not concerned, but really...at this point, I am thankful he is just able to speak. Remember earlier this year, at two years of age he couldn't even say "Moma"?!?! My prayers for him to speak have defiantly been answered...and Christopher LOVES to constantly show me!! :) Maybe I am naive or in denial, but I really don't even notice the voice problem everyone is pointing out. Then again, if I listened to everything that his medical team has try to scare me with in the past, he wouldn't be able to talk, walk or even be alive.
No comments:
Post a Comment