The Boyz

The Boyz
at the mountains

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

David...my, my, my ...what am I going to do with that boy!?!

David seems to be the center of attention a lot lately - and is LOVING it. Not that I blame him, there are days I'd love to have some attention :) His stomach is still seriously bothering him. He has quickly learned that when he falls down in pain - I try to comfort him. He has since tried to use this tactic to prevent him from bending down when it is time to clean up (or anything else that he doesn't want to do). Thankfully his acting skills aren't that great and I can tell when he is faking it!

He is still having a lot pain episodes and went back to the pediatrician yesterday. They redid the same abdominal scan that was done on Thursday and things haven't changed. Even after being on an adult laxative three times a day for three days in a row. He is still "backed up". He had some blood work drawn yesterday and hopefully tomorrow we'll have the results. I'll post on here as soon as we know what is going on.

In other David news, the tooth fairy came by Friday night. David ended up sleeping with Christopher in the playroom. The tooth fairy had to search under two sleeping kids for a tooth. Shouldn't it be the other way around?!?! Why is the tooth fairy having to do all of this work for a silly little tooth!!?? Anyway. It was obvious we had a rookie tooth fairy. She left a "fairy dust" trail from the front door to the playroom and under the pillow. Five minutes after she left Christopher woke up with confetti/glitter in his eyes and about ten minutes later David was up. All day Friday he was so excited to see what the tooth fairy was going to leave. He even went to bed early!! When he woke up and went in my room in the middle of the night (in pain again), I tried to get him to go and see what she left. He was in so much pain, he wouldn't even walk back to the playroom. It is really sad to see him in so much pain and not be able to do anything for him.

We went and took family pictures on Sunday. The package we purchased included six free post cards - so I'll try to get those out in the next few days. I have a CD with the pictures, but for some reason my computer is not opening the disk. I'll try and upload them from my office the next time I work. I haven't worked the past few scheduled days I was suppose to. David has had doctor appointments those same days. Thankfully I have the best boss in the world and she doesn't make me feel bad about missing work for my kiddos!!

The tooth fairy money has been burning a hole in David's pocket. He has been wanting to go to the Disney Store in the mall. Since the mall is one of the easiest places for me to bring all three of them, we went today. Maybe I should rephrase that -- since the mall WAS one of the easiest places to bring all three of them... As soon as we got into the store David started asking if he had enough for this ...for that....I reminded him that he only has $2. He found everything that was over $30!!! As he was running around looking for his item, Christopher was looking at the huge pile of Mickey Mouse, Goofy and Pluto stuffed animals. Jacob was sitting in the stroller screaming to get out. I am sure everyone in the whole mall heard him. I finally let him get out of the stroller. As I was doing that the whole stack of stuffed animals that Christopher was playing with fell! So as I was trying to quickly pick all of them up - Jacob ran to a display of a of cups (thankfully not breakable). He pull two shelves of them down before I could get to him. David is still running around the store screaming across is "Mom, do I have enough for THIS?' ...NO, I am not making this up!!!! I ended up having to call Brad from Chick-fil-A to come and help restrain the kids so I could put the store back together. It was one of my more embarrassing moments. I always get the "you've got your hands full" comments. day - IToday I got the "Controll your kids" looks!! I just wanted to crawl under a rock and cry. I guess we are back to being home bound until school starts! Thankfully that is only 22 days for David and 42 days for Christopher and Jacob. It will go by quickly...won't it????

I'll update as soon as we find out what is going on with David!

No comments:

My Three Sons

My Three Sons
at Beavers Bend in Tipi

David

David is a five and half little man. Yes, you have to count the 1/2! He is a very loving and caring big brother, super smart and has a great personality. He has a heart of gold and truly sees the joy in helping others.

David wants to be a rock star (at least this week).

Christopher

Christopher is two and a half years old very affectionate little boy. He loves to jump from the coffee table onto the couch and loves to watch Mickey Mouse. Christopher was born with four heart defects (overriding aorta, pulmonary stenosis, hypertrophy and a large ventrical septal defect) that were repaired by "Superman", also known as Dr. John Mayer at Children's Hospital in Boston.

Jacob

Jacob is one and half and the youngest of "My Three Sons". He is very active and LOVES to play outside. Jacob's favorite animal is a dog and he calls every four letter animal a "dog". He takes advantage of Christopher's speech therapy and is speaking very well for his age.

Jacob

Jacob
yes...he needs a hair cut

Christopher

Christopher
David was painting and Christopher wanted to help...No, this was not under my supervision and no that is NOT washable paint.

Stylish Dave

Stylish Dave
Ummm, Brad often tells me that I don't know fashion...I guess it runs in the family! :)

Jacob and Christopher

Jacob and Christopher

David and Baby Christopher

David and Baby Christopher
Christopher wanted to be a baby so David gave him a bottle and tried to rock him.
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

About the Arton Frat House

Brad and I met about ten years ago in Lake Charles. We married six years ago, moved to Baton Rouge six months later and then the next day found out we are starting our family! David is 5 1/2 (yes, he insist that we HAVE to count the 1/2!!); Christopher is 2 and Jacob is 1.

How Many Times Were My Three Sons looked at?

Where Did You Come From?